Freelance Trend Speaker wanted
Working entirely from home/the location of your choice and travel on location (nationally & internationally) for booked projects
Rate: £220/day or £27.50 an hour, on a self-employed basis
Start date: ASAP
Are you comfortable speaking for 40 minutes to audiences of around 300 people?
We want to meet you now!
Insider Trends helps large retailers innovate and create world-leading, profitable retail ecosystems. We’ve helped many well-known brands understand what’s coming next in the world of retail and how they can boost profits. We pride ourselves on providing exciting yet easy-to-understand insight and inspiration.
We’re now looking for a Trends speaker, someone who is an excellent communicator, to join our lovely team!
You might present something we’ve crafted, or you might enhance the content we create, and then you’ll go off to present it!
This is a self-employed position – you’ll have a lot of control over your hours and place of work during your presentation preparation time. You’re welcome to work from any place with a reliable internet connection and a good phone signal.
We will need to have access to your calendar so our team is aware of your availability before confirming you for projects.
As it is a self-employed position, you will be responsible for paying your own tax and National Insurance, as well as saving money to cover times when you are sick or on holiday. If applicable, you will need a visa that allows you to be self-employed. You’ll need to supply your own fast, wifi-enabled laptop.
We hope to hear from people from every walk of life – including people looking to grow their ambitions in this field.
What we are looking for:
– Someone who is comfortable speaking for 40 minutes to audiences of up to 300 people.
– You need the confidence, not necessarily the presentation skills. If you’re confident enough we can work with you to craft the content
– An interest in business, strategy, retail trends, technology and/or consumer trends
– Other flexible commitments and ability to work with us on a freelance basis
– Happy to travel to other countries to present, often spending 1 night overseas (as you’ll probably present in different countries in Europe. If it goes well you may go international)
Essential attributes – you MUST:
– Be extremely well organised, with a high level of attention to detail
– Possess the communication skills to convey messages to an audience.
– Have flexibility in your current role as a freelancer with flexibility to travel on short notice
– Be a fast learner, with interest to progress within this role
– Have experience working from powerpoint presentations and presenting from them
– Be comfortable speaking to up to 300 people, however previous experience of doing so is not required.
– It is essential that you do not currently work for a competitive company
It’s not essential, but it’d be great if you:
– Have previous experience in presenting to large groups. Perhaps within another field entirely!
– Have background knowledge in one or more areas of: Retail trends, technology, business strategy, trend forecasting and / or innovation spaces
– To be adept at handling presentation tools such as video equipment, microphones and visual displays.
To apply, please send us an email with your answers to the questions in section 1. Please note that CVs will not be accepted.
In addition please email us a video recording of your response to the questions in section 2. This can be in any order and should be as casual as possible, low-fi videos are welcome, and the background doesn’t matter at all!
What we need to know (section 1):
– Your availability and other commitments
– Do you fit into the GEN Z demographic? Not required
– If you can write and are interested in writing for us – if so, please send us links or attachments of your writing, choosing topics that are as relevant to our themes as possible. Please let us know whether someone else edited the piece, or whether you did everything.
What we need to know (section 2):
Tell us why you fit all of the things we’re looking for in the job spec. We love description & examples, and even though there is no time limit please do try and keep your video as short as possible.
– Tell us about you
– Why are you interested in the role?
– How does the role fit with your other commitments?
– Are you happy to travel and spend nights overseas for us as needed? Are there any restrictions here?
– What media do you read and watch? Tell us about something new and interesting that you’ve come across recently (that you think would interest a business audience).
– Please comment on your perception of the pay!
– Anything else you want to tell us to show you’re interested in business, strategy and/or consumer trends?