Freelance Trend Speaker wanted
Working entirely from home/the location of your choice, plus working on location (nationally & internationally) for booked projects
Rate: £220/day or £27.50 an hour
Start date: ASAP
Are you comfortable speaking for 40 minutes to audiences of around 300 people?
We want to meet you now!
Insider Trends helps large retailers innovate and create world-leading, profitable retail ecosystems. We’ve helped many well-known brands understand what’s coming next in the world of retail and how they can boost profits. We pride ourselves on providing exciting yet easy-to-understand insight and inspiration.
We’re now looking for a naturally confident trends speaker, someone who is an excellent communicator, to join our lovely team!
We’re looking for someone who’s naturally comfortable and confident presenting, with a natural interest in business and innovation.
In the first instance, you’ll learn and present material we provide you with.
In time, we can help you refine and boost your presentation skills. We can share what we’ve learnt over the years to propel you to keynote status.
Later on, if you’re interested in research and getting more involved, you could research and shape your own material. However, interest in research is a ‘nice to have’ for this role, not a ‘must have’.
This is a self-employed position – you’ll have a lot of control over your hours and place of work during your presentation preparation time. You will be responsible for paying your own tax and National Insurance, as well as saving money to cover times when you are sick or on holiday. If applicable, you will need a visa that allows you to be self-employed. You’ll need to supply your own fast, wifi-enabled laptop.
Essential attributes – you MUST:
– Be comfortable with the idea of speaking for 40 minutes to audiences of up to 300 people. (However, previous experience of speaking to audiences this large is not essential.)
– Have an interest in business, strategy, retail trends, technology and/or consumer trends
– Have other flexible work commitments and the ability to work with us on a freelance basis
– Be happy to travel to other countries to present, often spending 1 night overseas (as you’ll probably present in different European countries)
To apply, please film and share a short ‘talking head’ video of you chatting us through the following points.
We’re looking for an informal, low-fi video, filmed on a webcam or your phone – the background doesn’t matter at all, and it doesn’t matter if the shot wobbles around. Please make it one continuous shot though. A 3 minute video is perfect – please try to keep it under 7 minutes.
We’re looking for warmth and ease in front of the camera, rather than a polished or word-perfect presentation.
Feel free to have the points we’re asking for in front of you, with a handful of notes about what you want to talk us through. Please don’t read from a script though!
In your video, please tell us:
– A little about you and why you’re interested in the role
– Where in the world you are based
– About your past presenting experience, and how you feel about standing up alone in front of hundreds of people
– About the media that you read and watch. Tell us something new and interesting that you’ve come across recently that you think would interest a business audience.
– If there’s anything else you want to tell us to show you’re interested in business, strategy and/or consumer trends
– About your other commitments and how this role would fit in with those
– How you feel about travelling and spend nights overseas for us as needed. Are there any restrictions here?
– Please comment on your perception of the pay!
How to submit your video
Upload your video to a place that will generate a link and won’t auto-delete the file – perhaps Google Drive, a private YouTube page or Dropbox.
Then send us an email that includes your phone number so we can easily get in touch with you.
Thanks – we look forward to learning more!